This AFL Youth and Senior Online Coaching Module is designed to enable coaches, or prospective coaches, to improve their skills and knowledge about the art and science of coaching.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
• Develop a coaching philosophy and explain how it impacts on the team
• Identify various coaching styles
• Demonstrate appropriate ethical behaviour in accordance with the AFL Coach’s Code of Conduct
• Develop a framework for the catering of different learning styles while teaching Australian Football skills with an emphasis on kicking
• Incorporate fitness into the practice schedule
• Plan and review a yearly plan, a weekly practice schedule and practice sessions
• Implement risk management, injury prevention and injury management strategies for the team
• Plan and review an effective and appropriate game day routine
• Apply appropriate coaching strategies to foster a positive learning experience for all players
By completing the AFL Youth and Senior Online Coaching Module, you’ll not only benefit from gaining skills, knowledge and values necessary to assist you to effectively perform the multi-faceted role of a coach, you’ll also develop a more positive attitude towards coaching that we hope will inspire you to further progress your own development as a coach.